FAQ  •  Search  •  Register   •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in 
Other than DM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    depeche-mode-world.de - Forum -> Off Topic Talk
Previous Topic Tell us about your best gig memories :: Ghostwheel - Newborn (A Depeche Mode cover album) Next Topic
candy

3 Stars

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coupletrip wrote:
These people should be taken out and shot!

boyz noise
digitalism
underground resistance
heartthrob - whoever that is?
ricardo villalobos
and of course safar!

I actually love the Digitalism remix of NLMDA. And I like the Heartthrob PJ as well.

Other bands... for the moment Nine Inch Nails, Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, Deep Purple and New York Dolls. I also had a Clash period some time ago. And Pink Floyd.

I forgot... Trentemoller. Really really nice. "The Last Resort" is easily the best album of 2006 for me. Check out some of his stuff here: http://www.myspace.com/trentemoeller
coupletrip

Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good. I'd heard the name before.

You guys should pray for me. I've started a job where I have to listen to the regular fm radio all day. I can only take so much more of it! there's a phil collins cover out that makes me want to vomit. It's even worse than the original. Thats hard to do Surprised .
wilderlove

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: bands Reply with quote

I am on a German Industrial band kick right now. ..while throwing in some blur, happy mondays, DJ shadow and Dead can Dance.

Been listening to The Decemberists too.
Mrs_G

3 Stars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have time to listen to other than depeche bands these days... Embarassed But there are some that I quite fondly go back to play in winamp while having an insomnia attack. It's rare though. Very...

Einsturzende Neubauten (band no 3)
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (band no 2)
Dirty Three
Front 242
Camouflage
Ministry
Psyche
Sisters Of Mercy

and similar types...
coupletrip

Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ministry Very Happy
fiore_pisano

1 Star

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erasure,a-ha,psb,new order,u2,de/vision,camouflage,the cure,linkin park
D-Votee aka Exciter

4 Stars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bands I listen to (except Depeche Mode):

De/Vision
Camouflage
INXS
Cause and Effect
Diesel Christ
Front 242
Good Courage
and lots of Techno and Russian music (cause I'm originally Russian)... Never let me down again
HigherLove

Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coupletrip wrote:
sounds good. I'd heard the name before.

You guys should pray for me. I've started a job where I have to listen to the regular fm radio all day. I can only take so much more of it! there's a phil collins cover out that makes me want to vomit. It's even worse than the original. Thats hard to do Surprised .

You make me laugh Laughing but I am with you 1000% because as for me I had to bear an infamous radio FM on the bus which brings me to work. No big deal : 20 mns.... I finally gave up and buy an a MP3 player to have MY OWN MUSIC !!!! So I understand you... all day Shocked

HigherLove

Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do I listen out of DM :

MARILLION (the very best band for me), Tiamat, Therion, B Springsteen, Sting, Metallica, Nevermore, Verdi, WA Mozart, Soilwork, Dark Tranquillity, Hypocrisy, The Cult, World Music, Loreena McKennit, J Lennon, Samael, Devin Townsend, Rotting Christ, Nightfall, Gipsy Music, Boccherini, Machine Head, Fear Factory, Vivaldi, Rammstein, U2, Anathema, Bon Jovi, P McCartney, Dimmu Borgir, Kreator, In Flames, classical jazz........ etc, etc, etc, etc !!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

DM is a new one (only 9 months) in this long and hopefully never ending list of bands, artists who feed and fill my heart and soul.

Never let me down again

Important note : DM is only 9 month old for me, but ranked immediately second behind Marillion, kicking off Springsteen to third position !!!! Wink

candy

3 Stars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HigherLove, it's nice to see that I'm not the only relatively new fan around here. And not the only one with a taste in music which is rather difficult to define. Very Happy

I became a DM fan one year ago, when a friend forced me to come with her to the concert in Stockholm on March 1st. Other concerts last year included New York Dolls and Eric Burdon. Coming up now is Bob Dylan (always first on my list, Dylan is the best!) and Nine Inch Nails.

As for Swedish bands, apart from In Flames you should probably check out Silverbullit. I'm afraid I don't know all of the bands on your list, but I will check them out.
HigherLove

Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candy wrote:
HigherLove, it's nice to see that I'm not the only relatively new fan around here. And not the only one with a taste in music which is rather difficult to define. Very Happy

I became a DM fan one year ago, when a friend forced me to come with her to the concert in Stockholm on March 1st. Other concerts last year included New York Dolls and Eric Burdon. Coming up now is Bob Dylan (always first on my list, Dylan is the best!) and Nine Inch Nails.

As for Swedish bands, apart from In Flames you should probably check out Silverbullit. I'm afraid I don't know all of the bands on your list, but I will check them out.

On my side, I was not forced to go, I decided to go.... BUT WHY ???? Shocked As I said somewhere else in the forum, DM meant nothing to me until last july, nothing at all... Really !!! And the strangest is that the band gave a first gig in Marseille in february... I lived almost there, I knew it but I didn't go. And when they came back during the last leg of TTA in Nîmes, which is much farer : 1h30 by car... I bought the tickets and here am I !!!! Wink
Life is playing us strange tricks sometimes ! Razz

I will see for Silverbullit, thx !

The Antic arenas in Nimes (in and out). It was one of the hottest day of the summer, not far fm 39/40°C.... I got damped with sweat in less than 2 songs !!!

A nice one fm Dave

coupletrip

Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaz

erasure

clarke&ware experiment
NovaAngel19

1 Star

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Other than DM Reply with quote

Dieselboy wrote:
What music other than Depeche Mode do you listen to Question
For instance I also enjoy Coldplay, U2, Inxs. I also like listening to house music and chill out. Arrow

here's what i like:

Stone Temple Pilots (my favorite band!!!!)
Killing Joke
Filter
Army Of Anyone
Talk Show
Velvet Revolver
Garbage
The Cardigans
Bush
Nirvana
Green Day
Love & Rockets
Seal
The Cranberries
The Bravery
Peter Gabriel
Poe
Recoil Very Happy
The Cure
Dido
Duran Duran
Nine Inch Nails
preciousdm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Other than DM Reply with quote

Dieselboy wrote:
What music other than Depeche Mode do you listen to Question
For instance I also enjoy Coldplay, U2, Inxs. I also like listening to house music and chill out. Arrow

Erasure and Depeche Mode share the number one spot! Very Happy

However, I also greatly enjoy The Cure, New Order, PSB, U2, Coldplay, Five for Fighting, Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Kraftwerk, Red Flag, Camouflage, Morrissey, oh the list is endless!!

I have varied musical tastes so to list everything here would be too much.

Music rocks!
Never let me down again
coupletrip

Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="HigherLove"]
coupletrip wrote:
No big deal : 20 mns.... I finally gave up and buy an a MP3 player to have MY OWN MUSIC !!!! So I understand you... all day Shocked

I have a ipod which is a Godsent. I work as a prep cook & w/out the radio, the intercom doesn't work. No intercom - No food to the line.

There is always NPR but, most people who work in restaurants are not intellectual therefore, they do not like npr.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    depeche-mode-world.de - Forum -> Off Topic Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: