FAQ  •  Search  •  Register   •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in 
What drum machine was used on "A broken frame" ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    depeche-mode-world.de - Forum -> Depeche Mode Discussion
Previous Topic My Little Universe (The Darkest Side) 16:19min :: Worst DM Album ? Next Topic
crifox

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
in fact, on the italian a broken frame's wikipedia page it's written that daniel played keyboards, and anyway i think the final leave in silence solo was only an improvisation, because if you watch on youtube some live version of LIS, they never do the same solo for two times! i think that daniel didn't sequence the solo via the arp, even if you hear carefully the notes are perfectly inserted in the bar.
I definely think that the synth used for that solo is a JP8; the bank alan played live seems to my ears quite close to the original (obviously is not the original one) but if you listen to the one he uses in my secret garden (live i mean) you can hear that is the original LIS's final solo synth.
hope this helped you a bit Smile
cristian
Michaeljohn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

solo is a JP8; the bank alan played live

lucycandy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to think that the snares of "a broken frame" came from some Simmons drum computer as they sound (to me ) very different from the drums on speak and spell. so all the snares and kicks came form the arp 2600?
crifox

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well in abf you can hear almost a different snare for each song (except for songs that have been released before the album, see you, the meaning of love and leave in silence; actually see you still has drum sounds from speak & spell but the snare has something different, seems like a different compression, the meaning of love has the same bd of see you/s&s but the snare from leave in silence, leave in silence has its own drum sounds from abf indeed), in fact somehow they have a different sound, maybe equalization and/or compression, but anyway the original sounds came maybe from a kr55 (the same of s&s) or a tr 808 but then they've been synthesized on the arp 2600 and/or (who knows Very Happy) in a strange drum computer called Movement MCS Drum Computer which guys used also on speak & spell to edit factory sounds coming from the korg kr55 drum machine (here's vince explaining what this drum computer is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1eCWe94gwo&feature=player_embedded).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    depeche-mode-world.de - Forum -> Depeche Mode Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: